A big big thank you to James A.Best – Author for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Please do click his name above and check out his blog. I’m very new to blogging, I’ve only been doing it for a few months, so to get a nomination at this stage is fantastic; I just hope that I’m doing it right.
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules :
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 Questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the Nominees 11 new questions.
- What is your favorite book and why ? Tough choice. I have an ancient edition of The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury. Its pages are yellow, grainy to touch, and smell of tobacco smoke. Its ideas and assumptions are way out of date, but I can’t help but be drawn in to the varied worlds it conjures. If only Venus had turned out the way he’d imagined.
- Who is your favorite actor or actress ? I don’t tend to have favourites, but if I really had to narrow down the list, anyone that played The Doctor would do.
- Concert or Movie ? Concert. I’ve been to so few that I can list them on one hand. I still lament missing out on The Alan Parsons Project in concert at Shepherds Bush on the 9th May 1997 because I didn’t have the confidence to go alone.
- What is your favorite uplifting quote ? Winston Churchill, who else? ‘When you’re going through Hell, keep going.’
- What is your favorite sport to watch ? I’m not a sports person, but I’ll go to any game if there’s beer and pie.
- What is your favorite food that please you ? Mmmm food. Where to start. I like lots of food, but when I feel like I deserve a treat, its steak and chips. Medium rare steak, thick crispy chips, baked portabello mushroom covered in melted cheddar, a side salad, and a huge dollop of mustard.
- If, you were to learn to play an instrument which one would you choose ? Saxophone, amazing sound.
- What drives you to be a blogger ? Myriad reasons. Writing is my happy. I dream big and want to share. I’m a long way from publishing my novels but I want to be read while I’m doing it, I have so much to say that it hurts, sometimes. Its also cathartic, I’m working through some problems and writing gives me insight in to me. Its also a gift to my children, a parcel of memories, shared and unique, for them to review and enjoy in the years to come. Plus its monetized, but that one US penny a day of revenue doesn’t much enhance my income.
- What is your dream occupation to be ? Like I said above, I dream big, but a recurring dream job of mine is to run a small intimate bistro. One of the ones you find in a converted cellar somewhere on the edge of town. I’d serve an eclectic menu of my own design to a small clientele of guests, each of whose name I would know. Lit by candles, and entertained by local and visiting musicians playing their own tunes, singing their own songs. A relaxed atmosphere would encourage the patrons to stay long in to the small hours, chatting with the staff and me like old friends. By day, I would write.
- Where is your dream place to live ? I’m sort of already there, except for the weather, and our house is way too small for the number of people living in it. The absolute ideal for me would be a small closely knit village by the sea. Where everyone knows everyone’s name but not too much of their business. The village would have a vibrant agricultural economy, with vineyards, orchards, and dairies producing exquisite delicacies on my door step. The village would also land a rich variety of sea food, and the beach would be clean and sandy, and lead to a warm blue sea. My home would be a cottage on the edge the village. Enough land for a playful garden, work shops for my petrol head leanings, and a view of the sea, the village, mountains, and a railway. There would be a vibrant pub in stumbling distance.
- Who inspires you and why ? Its difficult to say. I have writers like JM Straczynski to inspire my writing. I always wanted to pen my own series like Babylon 5, but in life in general, I’m always humbled by those who try and succeed despite their disadvantages, and who never stop smiling in the face of genuine challenges. The ones who give themselves and take nothing in return, or ask for nothing but achieve so much.
My nominees, in no particular order. I’m new to blogs and
- In Dianes Kitchen
- Rosemarie’s Kitchen
- Welcome to the Beautiful North
- Cooking With a Wallflower
- River of Word Flow
- PMU at Daily Doodle
- A Writer’s Soul
- Paths Unwritten
- Flavour Smasher
- Bedsit Bonne Vivante
- The Echo Zone
- What is the best thing about keeping a blog?
- Aside from your blogging activities, do you have any other passions that you don’t write about?
- If you could change any three things about your life, what would they be?
- If what three thing things about your life would you never change?
- Did you have a childhood hero, and if so who was it and what did you learn from them?
- What’s your favourite meal and drink?
- Do you prefer to drive or be driven?
- What’s the stoopidest/cringe-worthy thing you have ever done in public?
- What’s your favourite meaningful quote?
- What’s your favourite movie sequel?
- Who is your favourite Doctor (Who)?